Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesdays





The fire was getting closer, and the heat was overpowering. The crackling of the old wood accentuated the urgency I felt to leave the building. It didn’t matter though. I couldn’t leave until I had the locket in hand.

There it was. I snatched it and held on tight as I ran for the exit. 

Most would think I was crazy to stay for something as silly as a locket, but then they had no idea what this one could do. 


I opened it, yelled “Go!” and felt the familiar pull as it transported me to a strange, new world.


______


For the record, this is totally unlike me. Fire scares me to death.

______


Go check out the others!

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

2 comments:

  1. A locket worth braving an inferno for. Must be special. At least it gets you out of the fire quick too. It's interesting and teases at more there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally do the same thing in her shoes. Now I want to know where she teleported to.

    ReplyDelete