Friday, August 15, 2014

Phoibos' Curse on the Gates of Atlantis


Our launch at Provo Beach Resort was supposed to be awesome. Epic, even. Fans, fun, and a beach theme. What more could you ask for?

Lots, apparently. We found out a couple weeks before that J.R. wouldn't make it to the launch. A day or two before Mikey had to cancel for health reasons. 

But that's not all.

All morning I had people texting me, telling me they wouldn't be able to make it to the launch. These were the people that had been so awesome at coming to all my launches. But they were sick, or had family in town or had to work. I smiled, told them it was okay, and moved on.

Then two hours before the launch, I got a call. Wendy had gotten in a train wreck on the way down. No, seriously. A truck had been spraying weeds and got stuck on the tracks when the arms came down. Thankfully there were no serious injuries. Just bumped heads, scratches, and a lot of rattled nerves. 

Phoibos had almost gotten his way. He'd wanted to keep Atlantis a secret, and he'd done a pretty good job of making that happen.

We weren't about to let that ruin our day though. Juli, Laura and I had a lot of fun together. We had friends and family stop by and we sold at least one ebook set that night to the lady who had helped set up the reservation. 

Sorry, Phoibos. We still beat you.


No comments:

Post a Comment