Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesdays





I hadn’t been up in the attic for months. There were too many bad memories. So when the police came knocking on my door and demanded that they see what was up there, I was shocked. I tried to tell them I had never heard of the man they wanted. I tried to tell them that someone was home all day long and there was no way anyone could have gotten in. But they wouldn’t listen. They never listen. I stood frozen in the attic doorway. The large, creepy box hidden in the back of that small space wasn’t mine.


Now go check out the others!

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

8 comments:

  1. I am so intrigued by these bad memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh. Who put it there? And why does the attic have bad memories for her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooh what's in the box, what's in the box? loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read more! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, well, that's just not fair. Now I want more! So intrigued by the bad memories and this man they're looking for and the mysterious box! So many questions! Love it. You've definitely piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eep! Now I'm all creeped out. I want to know what's in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the line "They never listen." Seems like she's had a run in with the police before, as part of the bad attic memories? I would love to read more of this story!

    ReplyDelete